A UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19.
UNSDG | A UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19.
The five streams of work that constitute this package include:
1. ensuring that essential health services are still available and protecting health systems;
2. helping people cope with adversity, through social protection and basic services;
3. protecting jobs, supporting small and medium-sized enterprises, and informal sector workers through economic response and recovery programmes;
4. guiding the necessary surge in fiscal and financial stim-ulus to make macroeconomic policies work for the most vulnerable and strengthening multilateral and regional responses; and
5. promoting social cohesion and investing in community-led resilience and response systems.
response ; socio-economic immediate un framework services social